Pupil Premium Funding (Used to be known as Free School Meals)
If your family qualifies for Pupil Premium, the school will be allocated £1320 every year for the next six years to spend on resources to directly benefit your child. Your child will also be eligible for a reduction when paying for school trips and activities.
In England, children are entitled to receive free school meals if their parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16 190, as assessed by HMRC)
- Working Tax credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax credit.
If you think you might qualify, simply fill in the form (see link to Derbyshire County Council). All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your child will never be told that they are a 'Free School Meal' but we will receive more funding to help further your child's development!